Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Work Permit Application

Students interested in working during the school year, will need a work permit if they are younger than 18 years old.  Grades and attendance will be monitored.  Students must be in good academic standing and have good attendance.  In order for a work permit to be processed the student must have been hired. 

Please follow the directions below to obtain a Work Permit:

  1.  Download a Work Permit Application (see below)
    • For a hard copy, stop by the MW Main Office
  2.  Complete the "Minor's Information".  Be sure to write legibly. 
  3.  Have your parent/guardian fill out the "Parent" section, including a signature.
  4.  Take the application to the employer that hired you and have them fill out the "Employer" section. (Since   the Work Permit is made out to your employer, we will not process applications without the   EMPLOYER section filled out)
  5. Once your application is complete, you may drop off the application in the MW Main Office with Mrs. Reyes. 

Work permits can be cancelled and taken away at any time by a high school administrator if deemed necessary. Reasons for canceling a work permit include: job does not fit legal requirements for minors, hours scheduled create a truancy or absence problem for the student, or demands of job are causing student to fail classes at school.


Questions? Contact Mrs. Reyes at or call (559)730-7610.

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.